Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Fears that Form Me

Because admitting to them is the first step towards understanding. And from understanding comes acceptance, and the ability to change; to heal. You will find no explanations in this post. Just a glance at the raw fears that form who I currently am. The explanations will come with time, as I find the strength to write through them - to work through them, over and over again, until they no longer control me.

I am afraid of being abandoned and left behind.

I am afraid of not being in control.

I am afraid of trust.

I am afraid of being happy.

I am afraid of being hurt.

I am afraid of hope.

I am afraid to dream.

I am afraid of people seeing me.

I am afraid of never being seen.

I am afraid of things changing.

I am afraid of things staying the same.

I am afraid of being touched.

I am afraid of being unlovable and worthless.

I am afraid of failing.

I am afraid of succeeding.

I am afraid of loss.

I am afraid of gain.

But most of all...

I am afraid of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment